Football Pitches - Tennis Courts - Bowling Greens - Fishing
The Council has a total of 10 pitches available at 5 locations across the borough. For booking information please contact community management on 01782 717717 or complete the online Enquiry Form. Costs below are for the period 1 April 2019 to 31 March 2020.
Football pitch details:-
|Location||Facilities||Number of Pitches||Cost per Annum|
|Wolstanton Marsh||Changing rooms available.||2 senior||£550.00|
|Lower Milehouse Lane, Knutton||1 senior||£382.00|
|Chester Road, Kidsgrove||1 senior||£382.00|
|Lyme Valley, Newcastle
|Changing rooms available.
Pitches marked out by the Council.
Charges quoted are in respect of shared use of the pitch by more than one team.
* For Roe Lane bookings please contact Gavin Appleby from Newcastle Town FC on 07904 511561.
The Council has seven bowling greens at the following sites:-
- Chesterton Park (one green available)
- Wolstanton Park (two greens available)
- Westlands Sports Ground (two greens available)
- Queen Elizabeth Park (one green available)
For bowling club fees please contact your local bowling club.
For booking information please contact community management on 01782 717717.
The Council has 20 tennis courts at the following sites:-
- Birchenwood Park (two courts available)
- Clough Hall Park (two courts available)
- Bradwell Lodge (one court available)
- Wolstanton Park (four courts available)
- Silverdale Park (one court available)
- Westlands Sports Ground (10 courts available)
For booking information please contact community management 01782 717717.
Fishing in the borough
Places to fish in the borough include Madeley Pool, Bateswood Pool at Halmerend and various pools in Kidsgrove.
You can only fish at these pools if you are a member of the various angling clubs. There are other pools available and you can find out more about these by contacting your local fishing club or fishing tackle shops.
Last updated 28 October 2019