The Newcastle Partnership is the strategic partnership for the Borough of Newcastle-under-Lyme. The Partnership replaces the former Local Strategic Partnership (LSP) and Community Safety Partnership (CSP) and is the mechanism for the delivery of the statutory partnership function in the Borough.
The Partnership represents the different sectors in the Borough and plays a vital role in bringing together a range of organisations with a shared purpose through co-operative and co-ordinated joint working that will improve social, economic and environmental wellbeing for our residents.
The Newcastle Partnership aims to be inclusive and is intended to be broadly representative of public, private, voluntary and community sectors in the Borough of Newcastle-under-Lyme. The Partnership aims to be accountable to the local community it serves and open and transparent in all its dealings.
The shared vision for the Newcastle Partnership is:
“Newcastle Communities together, securing a prosperous future”
The Partnership is committed to continuously improving the quality of life and experiences of people, who live, work, invest, study and visit Newcastle-under-Lyme.
The vision for the Partnership will be delivered via two Partnership priorities:
• Enhancing economic growth; and
• Tackling vulnerability
The Partnership aims to achieve its ambitions through:
• A common strategic framework made up of a common vision, priorities, and outcomes;
• The alignment of activities and resources to deliver against the priorities of the Partnership;
• Joint delivery supported by effective performance management of outcomes linked to strategic priorities;
• Reduce duplication and bureaucracy and improved co-operation through commissioning and delivery within the Partnership’s structure;
• Communicating the achievements of the Partnership and remaining accountable to the whole community of the Borough.
Newcastle-under-Lyme Borough Council is the accountable body (lead partner) for the Newcastle Partnership. Further information;
Newcastle Partnership Constitution and Terms of Reference 2014 (PDF 454kb)
Newcastle Partnership Sustainable Communities Strategy 2014 – 2020
Newcastle Partnership Workplan 2015 - 2017