On 30 April 2019 two PSPOs were made for Newcastle-under-Lyme Town Centre and the Queen Elizabeth Park (situated on Silverdale Road).
The PSPO conditions include:
- Possessing or using an aerosol and/or any item intended to cause defacement within the Exclusion Zone.
- Undertaking repairs of vehicles within Borough Council owned car parks in the Exclusion Zone other than for urgent breakdown repairs. (not a condition for Queen Elizabeth Park)
- Using any Borough Council owned car parks within the Exclusion Zone as a place to congregate; such car parks are for legitimate parking purposes only (not a condition for Queen Elizabeth Park)
- Engaging in behaviour likely to cause harassment, alarm or distress within the Exclusion Zone. Examples include, but are not limited to the following activities:
- Congregating in a group of three or more persons within the Exclusion Zone following a request from an Authorised Person that such group must disperse.
- Being verbally abusive to any other person within the Exclusion Zone.
- Using or threatening to use violence against any other person within the Exclusion Zone.
- Having in their possession open cans, bottles or other unsealed receptacles containing alcoholic beverages (including empty receptacles) within the Exclusion Zone.
- Carrying out any form of graffiti on any surface within the Exclusion Zone.
5. Failing to cease to consume alcohol and/or surrender alcohol when requested to do so by a police officer or other authorised person.
6. Ingesting, inhaling, injecting, smoking or otherwise using intoxicating substances including novel psychoactive substances within the Exclusion Zone.
7. Persistent and aggressive begging, causing obstruction, harassment and threatening behaviour, which could cause intimidation.
If any of these conditions are breached an individual may be at risk of being issued a £100 Fixed Penalty Notice (FPN). Failure to pay an FPN may result in referral to the Magistrates Courts.
The exclusion zones for Newcastle Town Centre and Queen Elizabeth Park are detailed in the maps below. Signage is located in Newcastle Town Centre and Queen Elizabeth Park.
Last updated 2 March 2020