Abandoned cars and vehicles
An abandoned vehicle is a vehicle that the owner has left, with no plan of returning to it.
It can be any of following:
- burnt out
- poor condition or vandalised
- left for a long time
How to identify an abandoned vehicle
Before you report an abandoned vehicle, please collect as much information as possible to check if the vehicle is abandoned?
The following points should help:
- Are any of the tyres flat?
- Is there litter or weeds under the vehicle?
- Is the windscreen or any of the windows broken?
- Is there any mould on either the inside or outside of the vehicle?
- Does the vehicle contain items, such as tyres, old newspapers or general rubbish?
- Does the vehicle have number plates?
- Has the vehicle been vandalised?