Planning enforcement

What can't we act on?

We are unable to act against issues that fall outside of planning legislation, as these are considered civil matters. These are things like: 

  • internal works, excluding change of use, to a non-listed building 
  • obstruction of a highway 
  • parking of vehicles on the highway or grass verges 
  • parking of caravans on residential driveways or within the curtilage of a dwelling, where it does not form a separate dwelling 
  • operation of a business where the residential use remains the main use of the premises 
  • land ownership or boundary disputes 
  • covenants contained in property deeds 
  • works which are ‘permitted development’ under the Town and Country Planning (General Permitted Development) Order 2015 as amended 
  • excepted advertisements under the Town and Country Planning (Control of Advertisements) (England) Regulations 2007 as amended 
  • clearing of land and overgrowth of buses and non-protected trees 
  • dangerous structures 
  • noise disturbance and general pollution 
  • fly tipping 
  • business competition 
  • blocking of a designated right of way 
  • Party Wall Act issues 
  • loss of property value 
  • loss of view 
  • health and safety 
  • site security