Make a minor variation to a premises licence
A minor variation means that the changes will not affect the licensing objectives.
The four licensing objectives are:
- the prevention of crime and disorder
- public safety
- the prevention of public nuisance
- the protection of children from harm
These are things like:
- a small layout change and update to the plan that does not increase the area of the premises
- the reduction of licensing hours
- some increases of the opening hours for example to allow the sale of breakfast
What is not suitable for a minor variation?
- the increase of the licensable hours
- the increase of the premises area or major structural changes to the layout
- the addition of on or off sales of alcohol to the licence
These changes will likely require a full change to the premises licence.
If you are unsure, please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org