Recruitment and employee privacy notice
Information we may collect about you
We may collect and process the following data about you - information you give us, information we collect about you and information we receive from other sources:
- You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you make an enquiry regarding a job vacancy, make an application for employment, liaise with us regarding any application or offer of employment, participate in negotiations regarding an offer of employment or any other recruitment activity. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, contact preferences, date of birth, qualifications, educational and employment background, financial information and personal description, as well as details of the job(s) for which you wish to apply.
- Where an application is progressed further, we will undertake pre-employment checks in order to verify or obtain extra information, which may include background and security checks such as credit reference, NI checks, right to work in the UK, criminal record checks, academic qualification checks and employer references as relevant to the post.
- The completion of a medical questionnaire is our other employment check. This is regarded as sensitive or ‘special’ information within data protection legislation and can only be accessed by our occupational health supplier. After reviewing your form or discussing the content with you, occupational health provide the Council with guidance on whether you are medically fit to undertake the duties of the post you applied for and used for the purposes of carrying out these functions only. It will not be used for any other purpose except as authorised by law.
- As we often work with partner organisations to deliver some of our services, on occasions an appropriate member of the partner organisation may also form part of the interview panel. To undertake these duties, they will have access to a copy of your application form. After completion of the recruitment process, all applications including those accessible in these circumstances will be destroyed for unsuccessful candidates in a secure manner.
- From time to time, we also work closely with third parties (including, for example, recruitment agencies, head hunters, search information providers, and organisations specialising in psychometric testing. For the purposes of continuing your application, we may need to provide to them information or receive information about you from them. Where this applies, we will let you know.
- Your personal data is processed (including storage) within the European Economic Area only.