Taking the first steps
Premises for small businesses
If you are going to need premises for your new business there is a wide choice of office, retail and workshop accommodation of all sizes and in various locations throughout the borough.
There are a variety of factors to consider when thinking about premises. For example:
- will you be reliant on passing trade? If so, you may need a high street location for your premises, which will be more expensive but makes sure that your customers can find you
- do you need premises that will impress customers? One of the newer business centres or period premises in the town centre may be a good option
- would you like on-site support and assistance? There are several managed business centres in the borough with a range of unit sizes from a single desk to roller shutter workshops
- do you want to be accessible by public transport? Offices or industrial units in or close to the town centre may be best
- would a market stall work for your business? It is a great low cost way to market test a product
Find out about units owned or managed by Newcastle-under-Lyme Borough Council.
Booking a market stall.
Get information on the managed workspaces on offer from Staffordshire County Council.
You can find a comprehensive database of property for all sizes of business on the Make it Stoke-on-Trent and Staffordshire website.
As a small business, you may also be eligible for rate relief.