Child exploitation guidance for taxi and private vehicle hire drivers

What to do if you have concerns about a child

If you think the young person is at imminent risk of harm, call 999 to report your concerns.

Offer support to the child

You could:

  • ask if they are ok
  • check that they are not receiving unwanted attention
  • check whether they know who they are with and if they feel safe being with them
  • offer to call a parent or carer

Information to share

This can include:

  • names, locations and addresses
  • descriptions of people
  • car registration plates, make and models of vehicles

Report the concerns


In an emergency always call 999.


Make a note of your information, what you see and hear and with your concerns call Staffordshire Police on 101 if you require a non-emergency response or advice.