Child exploitation guidance for taxi and private vehicle hire drivers
What to do if you have concerns about a child
If you think the young person is at imminent risk of harm, call 999 to report your concerns.
Offer support to the child:
- Ask if they are ok
- Check that they are not receiving unwanted attention
- Check whether they know who they are with and if they feel safe
- Being with them
- Offer to call a parent or carer
Information to share can include:
- Names, locations and addresses
- Descriptions of people
- Car registration plates, make and models of vehicles
Report the concerns:
In an emergency always call 999
Make a note of your information, what you see and hear and with your concerns call Staffordshire Police on 101 if you require a non-emergency response or advice.