Child exploitation guidance for taxi and private vehicle hire drivers
What to do if you have concerns about a child
If you think the young person is at imminent risk of harm, call 999 to report your concerns.
Offer support to the child
- ask if they are ok
- check that they are not receiving unwanted attention
- check whether they know who they are with and if they feel safe being with them
- offer to call a parent or carer
Information to share
This can include:
- names, locations and addresses
- descriptions of people
- car registration plates, make and models of vehicles
Report the concerns
In an emergency always call 999.
Make a note of your information, what you see and hear and with your concerns call Staffordshire Police on 101 if you require a non-emergency response or advice.