Home > All Services > Housing > Housing Services

Housing Services

Guidance for landlords, tenants and local authorities in the private and social rented sectors in the context of Coronavirus (COVID-19).

COVID-19 and renting: guidance for landlords, tenants and local authorities

In line with Government guidance we will not be carrying out routine visits at this time. However, we can still offer advice by telephone or e-mail and are contactable through the online forms.

Good housing is vital to health and wellbeing.

Housing Standards - what we do:-

  • Investigate concerns about standards in the private rented sector, taking enforcement action as appropriate.
  • Advising landlords on meeting their obligations
  • Advising tenants on renting safely
  • Enforce standards in houses in multiple occupation (HMOs). This includes student accommodation and bedsits to ensure the property meets good standards, is properly managed and complies with fire safety standards.
  • Licensing of houses in multiple occupation
  • Operate a landlord accreditation scheme to improve the physical and management standards in the private rented sector
  • Offer Disabled Facilities Grants through Staffordshire Independent Living Services
  • Work to bring empty homes back into use, including grant aid
  • Inspect houses for immigration purposes.
  • Inspect caravan sites
  • Investigate public health and general housing enquiries online form.
  • Disrepair in social housing - complaints should be directed to your housing provider. We recommend you log a formal complaint to ensure that the matter is looked into. We can give further advice once you have received a written response online form

Housing Strategy - what we do:-

Energy Efficiency - helping you to keep warm.

Last updated 4 August 2021

Rate this page

We value your feedback. How do you rate the information on this page?

Good OK Poor

Back to the top of the page