Good housing is vital to health and wellbeing.
Housing Standards - what we do:-
- Investigate concerns about standards in the private rented sector, taking enforcement action as appropriate.
- Advising landlords on meeting their obligations
- Advising tenants on renting safely
- Enforce standards in houses in multiple occupation (HMOs). This includes student accommodation and bedsits to ensure the property meets good standards, is properly managed and complies with fire safety standards.
- Licensing of houses in multiple occupation
- Operate a landlord accreditation scheme to improve the physical and management standards in the private rented sector
- Offer Disabled Facilities Grants through Staffordshire Independent Living Services
- Work to bring empty homes back into use, including grant aid
- Inspect houses for immigration purposes.
- Inspect caravan sites
- Investigate public health and general housing enquiries online form.
- Disrepair in social housing - complaints should be directed to your housing provider. We recommend you log a formal complaint to ensure that the matter is looked into. We can give further advice once you have received a written response online form.
Housing Strategy - what we do:-
- Operate Newcastle Housing Advice in partnership with Midland Heart giving advice if you are facing homelessness or harrassment or need information on your housing options
- Develop our Housing Strategy and monitor the action plan
- Develop our Homelessness Strategy and monitor the action plan
- Taking a pro-active approach to rough sleeping
Energy Efficiency - helping you to keep warm.
Last updated 5 August 2019