Good housing is vital to health and wellbeing, and the housing team has responsibility to maintain and improve housing standards.
What we do:-
- Investigate concerns about standards in the private rented sector, taking enforcement action as appropriate.
- Advising landlords on meeting their obligations.
- Enforce standards in houses in multiple occupation (HMOs). This includes student accommodation and bedsits to ensure the property meets good standards, is properly managed and complies with fire safety standards.
- Operate a landlord accreditation scheme to improve the physical and management standards in the private rented sector.
- Offer financial assistance to owner occupiers for essential repairs and adaptations.
- Work to bring empty homes back into use.
- Inspect houses for immigration purposes.
- Inspect caravan sites.
For further information please call 01782 717717 or use the general enquiry online form.
Last updated 10 December 2018