Horse hiring (riding schools) licence

Activities that require a licence

Businesses which hire out horses for riding or for riding lessons. This includes: 

  • riding schools and those that hire out horses 
  • trekking 
  • loan horses 
  • pony parties (but only where the ponies are ridden) 
  • hunter hirelings 
  • polo/polocrosse instruction 
  • pony hire 
  • pony and donkey rides.