Horse hiring (riding schools) licence

Activities that do not require a licence

For example:

  • businesses that run pony parties where none of the ponies are ever ridden – these should be licensed as animal exhibits
  • activities that are carried out solely for military or police purposes (for example riding stables that are used exclusively for these purposes)
  • riding stables that are used exclusively for instructing veterinary students at university for the purpose of their course
  • individuals who occasionally lend a horse, even if a small fee is charged, where there is no profit made and no intent to make a profit