How Council Tax support is calculated

If you're of working age

The most support you’ll be able to get is 80% of your total Council Tax charge. If your property is in band E, F, G or H then the most you’ll be able to claim for is the equivalent of 80% of a band D property.

The first £25 of your or your partner's earnings won’t be taken into account in the calculation of Council Tax support and you can no longer apply for second adult rebate.

The capital cut off for Council Tax Support will be restricted to £6,000 for claimants not receiving a passported benefit.

If you or your partner have capital above £6,000 then you will not qualify for help towards your Council Tax. Any capital below £6,000 is disregarded.

A claim can only be backdated for one calendar month from the receipt date of the written request.