How Council Tax support is calculated
The maximum amount of Council Tax support is:
- 80% of your Council Tax if you are of working age
- 100% if you are of pension credit age or fall in to a vulnerable scheme, minus any relief, discounts and exemptions
To work out your Council Tax support, we will look at:
- money you and your partner have coming in, including earnings, some benefits and tax credits and other income like occupational pensions
- your savings and your partner's savings
- your circumstances, such as your age, the ages of your family, whether you or any of your family are disabled, and whether anyone who lives with you could help to pay the Council Tax.