Help with paying your Council Tax
Apply for Council Tax support
If you wish to claim help towards your Council Tax you can apply online.
Please read the form carefully before completing it. Every question on the form must be answered, and you must provide all the evidence necessary. If you fail to do so, you will be asked to provide further information and this could lead to a delay in your claim being processed.
If you do not provide all the required evidence when you initially make the claim, we will allow you one calendar month to provide any outstanding information. Once you have provided all the information needed to support your claim we will aim to process it within 14 days.
Evidence we will need when you apply
- Two separate forms of identity for you and your partner
- You and your partner's National Insurance numbers
You will need to provide documentary evidence for all income and capital declared on the claim form for both yourself and partner together with income evidence for all non-dependants. Documents that are usually required are:
- benefit award letters, for example Tax Credits, Child Benefit
- 5 weekly or 2 monthly consecutive wage slips
- bank statements to cover 3 months for all accounts held
- savings certificates or premium bonds
- evidence of occupational pensions
- student grants/loans award letters
If you are unable to provide evidence of your wages or benefits received you can print off and complete a certificate of benefits received or a certificate of earned income.