How to book and our current process
Please pre-pay when booking your MOT appointment. If for any reason you’re unable to pre-pay, payment will be taken in reception prior to the test commencing.
Before your appointment
Vehicles needs to be clean, sanitised and free from rubbish (food and drink cartons).
Please secure all seats belts prior to the test (this reduces the number of points of contact for our testers
Keeping everyone safe
We are continuing to take all the precautions we can to help prevent the spread of coronavirus. Our priority is the health and well-being of our staff and customers:
- our teams continue to be stringent around hygiene and cleaning regimes including thorough, frequent handwashing
- we have also increased our cleaning measures on our MOT site, particularly for those areas touched regularly by team members and customers
- we are being extra vigilant on personal space and exercising social distancing as much as possible
Please note: do not attend if either you or anyone in your household is symptomatic or you are in self-isolation or quarantine. Please call to re-arrange your appointment. You will not be charged for non-attendance in these circumstances.
Please attend alone wherever possible. Only one person will be allowed in the waiting room at any time to reduce the risk to both staff and other customers.
When you arrive
This process will be followed:
- on arrival use the buzzer at the entrance barrier and in response a member of staff in reception will direct you to the MOT parking spots. Please remain with your vehicle
- the MOT tester will meet you at the vehicle
- the MOT tester will be wearing fresh latex gloves and will put a fresh seat cover onto the driver’s seat
- the vehicle’s keys will be handed over and sanitised
- unless you have pre-paid for your MOT please go the admin office to pay
- you will be asked if you wish to leave the site while the MOT is carried out. If you do wish to stay on site you may sit in the reception area. Only one person will be allowed to stay on site
- if you leave the site, please return at a pre-agreed time to collect the vehicle (55 minutes after the start of the test). The MOT tester will be there with the vehicle to hand over to the customer
- you are advised to print off the MOT certificate at home
- the MOT tester can provide a pass sheet or a failure sheet if required
- your keys will be wiped over before being returned