Comments, compliments and complaints

Councillor code of conduct complaints process

If you want to make a complaint about the conduct of a Newcastle-under-Lyme borough councillor or a councillor of one of our parish or town councils, you must submit your complaint to our Monitoring Officer. You can do this by downloading and completing the code of conduct complaint form and sending it to the Monitoring Officer by email or post using the details below.

Complaints must be set out on the complaint form as the form ensures that all of the relevant information needed to consider a complaint is provided. It also contains important information about how the data you provide will be used, which complainants need to be aware of and consent to by completing and submitting the form.

Code of conduct, process and complaint form

Download the documents


The Monitoring Officer
Newcastle-under-Lyme Borough Council
Castle House
Barracks Road


Member code of conduct