Council Tax charges, discounts and exemptions for empty properties

Property is empty due to bankruptcy

If the property is empty because it has been left by someone who has become bankrupt or if the property has been repossessed by the mortage provider, it may be exempt from paying Council Tax.

What you will need

As part of the application you will need to provide a copy of the repossession order.

Apply for a Council Tax exemption

Sending your discount or exemption application

We are in the process of changing all our forms into online forms. In the meantime, please download and complete the form you need, then send it to us.

Upload your form