Council Tax charges, discounts and exemptions for empty properties

Property is empty due to permanent hospital or care home residency

If the property is empty because the person(s) who lived there now permanently live in a hospital or care home, please complete the application form.

What you will need

You will be asked these details about the adult in care:

  • care home or hospital name
  • date of admission
  • next of kin details

Apply for a Council Tax exemption

Tell us about a change that affects your Council Tax

It's important that you tell us about any household changes or circumstance changes that might affect your Council Tax payments or discounts.

How to tell us