Elections staffing and recruitment
Have you ever thought of getting involved at election time by either working at a polling station or at the count?
Our elections team is always looking to recruit motivated and dynamic staff to fill any vacancies that occur. We would love to hear from you if you're interested in becoming involved.
- be aged at least 18 years of age to work as a poll clerk, presiding officer or to assist with the annual canvass as a canvasser
- be at least 16 years of age to work as a counting assistant
- be entitled to work in the UK (in accordance with the provisions of the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996)
- not work on behalf of a candidate during an election campaign
- not be related to a prospective candidate
- consent to working in excess of the normal working hours provided for by the working time directive
How do I apply?
A brief description of the jobs available can be found over the following pages along with an application form.
What happens if I get an offer?
If successful, before taking up your appointment, you must provide evidence of your eligibility to work in the UK by showing us either:
- your valid passport, or
- your birth certificate and proof of national insurance number (such as P60, P45, payslip, etc.)