Elections staffing and recruitment
What are the duties?
Canvassers are employed to work on behalf of the Electoral Registration Officer. Their role is to visit properties who have not responded to communication we have issued and collect information for the electoral register.
Am I eligible?
To be eligible to apply as a canvasser, you must:
- be at least 18 years of age
- be entitled to work in the UK (in accordance with the provisions of the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996). We will need to see a valid passport or your birth certificate and proof of your National Insurance Number to support this.
How do I apply?
A full job description and application can be downloaded:
- Canvasser - job description ***link to be provided at later date***
- application form ***link to be provided at later date***
Once you have read through the job description for the role, download and complete the application form and email or post your completed form:
- Post: The Elections Team, Newcastle-under-Lyme Borough Council, Castle House, Barracks Road, Newcastle ST5 1BL