Accepted forms of photo ID
You may use the following forms of photo ID when voting at a polling station:
- passport issued by the UK, any of the Channel Islands, the Isle of Man, a British Overseas Territory, EEA state or a Commonwealth country
- photographic driving licence (including provisional) issued by the UK, any of the Channel Islands, the Isle of Man, or an EEA state
- European Economic Area (EEA) photographic ID card
- biometric immigration document
- an identity card bearing the proof of age standards scheme hologram (PASS card)
- Ministry of Defence Form 90 (Defence identity card)
- Blue badge
- older person's bus pass
- disabled person's bus pass
- Oyster 60+ bus pass
- Freedom pass
- voter authority certificate or temporary voter authority certificate
Original forms of photo ID will only be accepted at a polling station. Photocopies or pictures of your voter ID will not be accepted. This is to prevent fraudulent alteration of any photocopies or photos.
Expired photo ID will still be accepted, as long as the photograph is still a good likeness of you.