Safeguarding children and adults at risk of abuse or neglect policy and procedure
This policy should be read in conjunction with a number of additional policies and legislative documents, listed in appendix B.
The major pieces of legislation and guidance are:
- The Children Act 1989 and 2004
- Care Act 2014
- Guidance to the Care Act 2014
- Safeguarding Vulnerable Groups Act 2006
- Public Interest Disclosure Act 1998
- Data Protection Act 1998
- General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2018
- European Convention of Human Rights
- Working Together to Safeguard Children 2018
- Mental Capacity Act 2005
- Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly the Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) and Independent Safeguarding Authority (ISA)
- Staffordshire Safeguarding Children Board's (SSCB) Inter-agency policies and procedures for safeguarding children and promoting their welfare
- Staffordshire and Stoke-on-Trent Adult Safeguarding Partnership Board (SSASPB) Inter-Agency Procedures.