Dual hackney carriage and private hire vehicle licence
- A completed application form. You must complete all sections of the form, any missed or incomplete information will delay your application
- A full UK driving licence (or European equivalent) that has been held for at least three years
- An enhanced DBS certificate issued within the previous three months or a certificate registered with the Update Service. This must be a certificate for 'Taxi driver - other workforce'
- If you are not resident in the UK for the last five years including any periods of 6 or more months outside the country you will also need to produce a certificate of good conduct from the relevant embassy or high commission
- Authorisation for us to access your online record via the DBS update service
- One passport sized photograph
- Proof of your right to work in the UK
- A disability equality and safeguarding training certificate issued in the last 3 months prior to renewal date
- A Group 2 medical certificate that is less than three months old (over 65s will be required to provide a new certificate annually)
- A DVLA online check code or DVLA data protection mandate (D906)
- A council knowledge test certificate (this is for new drivers only)
- Tax check code (system available from the 7 March 2022 and must provide as part of your application from the 4 April 2022)
Please provide all pages of the documents (for example the front and back of your DVLA driving licence) and make sure that the pictures are clear and legible. Also, make sure that all documentation is in the correct name and address as any discrepancies will delay your application.