Pavement licence

What is a pavement licence?

What is it for?

If you run a food and/or drink business and want to place tables, chairs, serving stations or other temporary furniture on the pavement or public highway you require a licence.

Government guidance

See the pavement licence guidance on the Gov.UK website.

Alcohol sales

This licence does not allow alcohol sales unless you have a premises licence.

If your premises has alcohol on sale only, you will need to complete to notify the licensing team.  Please see the guidance on the Gov.UK web site:

See the guidance for temporary alcohol off-sale permissions

172F notice

This is available to download:

Download the 172F notice