Pay your Council Tax
Pay by direct debit using your online account
The easiest way to pay your council tax is by direct debit. To set up a direct debit, please register or sign in to your online account.
To see your council tax on your online account, you will need:
- your account reference number
- your online key (this is a 10 digit code that is shown on your latest bill)
If you sign up for an account, you can:
- view and track your council tax account at any time
- tell us you have moved home or moved in to the area
- apply for a council tax discount
- change your payment method to direct debit
- manage your other council payments and services
When you sign up for your online account, you can request to no longer receive your bill in the post.
Please remember: If you have already set up a direct debit, you do not need to set up another one when you receive your new bill.