About your rights

What ID do I need to provide to exercise one of my rights?

We accept any one of the below categories (copies only). Once we have verified your ID the copies will be securely destroyed or removed from our systems:

  • current passport
  • current UK photocard driving licence
  • birth certificate
  • adoption certificate
  • marriage certificate
  • current benefit book, card or original notification letter from the Department for Work and Pensions confirming the right to benefit
  • building industry sub-contractor’s certificate issued by the Inland Revenue
  • recent Inland Revenue tax notification
  • current firearms certificate
  • divorce or annulment papers
  • residence permit issued by Home Office to EU nationals on sight of own country passport
  • application registration card (ARC) issued to people seeking asylum in the UK (or previously issued standard acknowledgement letters, SAL1 or SAL 2 forms)
  • Home Office letter
  • police registration document
  • HM forces identity card