The Environmental Protection Team deals with complaints and enquiries relating to all aspects of pollution including air quality and land quality.
Our work routinely involves :
- Monitoring smoke control areas
- Environmental Permitting
- Assessment of local air quality, investigating atmospheric pollution complaints and monitoring
- Investigating noise control complaints
- Dealing with Removal Notifications of asbestos and answering queries, or dealing with complaints of damaged asbestos, both commercial and residential
- Environmental Impact Assessments
- Remediation of contaminated land.
Our team normally responds to requests for service within three working days. However, in emergency situations, we aim to attend immediately or the same working day. All investigations and legal proceedings taken will follow the Council's General Enforcement Policy.
Last updated 5 August 2015