What a fixed penalty notice can be issued for
Failure to produce a waste transfer notice
A Waste Transfer note is a record to acknowledge that you have transferred your waste to someone who's legally allowed to accept it. It contains a description of the waste, along with other information to show that you have disposed of your waste correctly.
As part of your Commercial Duty of Care, it is your responsibility to:
- check all details are accurate on the note before you sign the paperwork. This includes waste description, weight and name of business.
- it must contain your Standard Industrial Classification (SIC) code.
- keep a record of the copy for a minimum of 2 years.
- be prepared to produce your waste disposal records for inspection by any local authority.
We can ask for a copy of your waste transfer notes and issue a penalty if you do not supply them.
- £180 if paid within 10 days
- £300 if paid on day 11-14 after the penalty was issued