What a fixed penalty notice can be issued for
Commercial waste: duty of care
A waste holder is anyone who imports, produces, carries, keeps, treats, disposes of, or are a dealer or broker that has control of, controlled waste.
Waste holders must:
- prevent unauthorised or harmful deposit, treatment or disposal of waste
- prevent a breach (failure) by any other person to meet the requirement to have an environmental permit, or a breach of a permit condition
- prevent the escape of waste from your control
- ensure that any person you transfer the waste to has the correct authorisation
- provide an accurate description of the waste when it is transferred to another person
Fixed penalties may be issued where:
- waste is not handled and stored safely and securely
- waste is transferred to a person not correctly authorised to take it
- £350 if paid within 10 days
- £400 if paid on day 11-14 after the penalty was issued
Environmental Protection Act 1990 Section 34.