Swim Lane Etiquette
To ensure everyone has a safe and enjoyable swim, please follow these guidelines –
- Please take a quick pre-swim shower before entering the water.
- Swim in a lane appropriate to your swimming ability / speed. The lanes are marked with Slow, Medium, Fast and Leisure swim
- Please follow the direction of the lane boards and swim in single file. This will help to prevent accidents and ensure participants can maintain a safe social distance.
- Avoid strokes like butterfly and backstroke.
- We are asking swimmers not to dive in to the pool so appropriate current social distancing measures can be maintained.
- Maintain appropriate current social distancing measures between yourself and other swimmers.
- Do not overtake.
- Before pushing off at each turn, check to see if anyone faster is approaching. If there is, let them pass. Move to the edge of the lane and turn your head away to let them turn without stopping. The same applies if you need to stop for a rest or a drink
- You can use personal equipment as long as it doesn’t affect social distancing.
- Bring your own pre-filled water bottle so you can stay hydrated, water fountains are not in use.
- After your swim, leave the pool promptly following the exit signs. You can take a quick post-swim shower after your swim.
- Please use the same cubicle to get changed and corresponding locker.
And finally be polite to all swimmers of varying skill level and enjoy your swim.
Lifeguards are here for everyone’s safety. If they ask you to adhere to the above guidance, your co-operation would be appreciated.
Thanks from the Jubilee2 Team
Last updated 30 July 2020