Making a representation to a premises licence application
As a result of the hearing, the licensing authority must then decide how to proceed in order to promote the licensing objectives. It may:
- Decide to grant or vary the licence in the same terms as it was applied for
- Decide that it is necessary to refuse to issue or vary the licence
- Decide to grant or vary the licence, but to modify the conditions and/or timings
- Exclude from the scope of the licence a licensable activity
- In the case of a premises licence, refuse to specify a person as the premises supervisor
Licensing authorities must give notice of its decision within 5 working days (if it does not give a decision at the hearing) and include information on the right of a party to appeal against the decision.