Newcastle-Under-Lyme Borough Council and Stoke-on-Trent City Council Joint Statement of Community Involvement (May 2015)
Newcastle-under-Lyme Borough Council and Stoke-on-Trent City Council recently adopted a Joint Statement of Community Involvement. This set out how and when the councils proposed to involve the community in both plan-making and the determination of a planning application.
- Opportunities for involving the community and the way in which planning information is made available;
- Understanding of the plan making process and process of determining a planning application;
- Decision making informed by valuable local knowledge;
- Engagement with the development industry and a better understanding of both developers and landowners aspirations at an early stage;
- Opportunities to work together to bring forward development in the public interest and;
- The efficiency and effectiveness of the planning service
A consultation report on the Joint Statement of Community Involvement is available below, showing the councils’ consulted on the document, the responses to the comments made and how the comments have informed the final Joint Statement of Community Involvement.
For further information about the Statement of Community Involvement consultation please e-mail Planning Policy.
Last updated 13 October 2017