Licensing of sex establishments
We have determined that it is appropriate to consider the Borough of Newcastle-under-Lyme as the relevant locality.
We are of the view that it is not appropriate to have a sex establishment situated within inappropriate proximity to:
- purely or primarily residential accommodation
- schools, play areas, nurseries, children’s centres or similar premises
- places of worship
- community facilities or public buildings including, but not limited to, swimming pools, leisure centres, public parks, youth centres/clubs, and sheltered housing
- historic buildings or tourist attractions.
We are of the view that it may be appropriate to grant a licence in a commercial area where there are no residential premises, such as on a business park.
In considering all applications for the grant of new licences, we will take into account paragraphs the above and the potential impact of the licensed activity on:
- crime and disorder
- public nuisance
- public safety
- protecting children from harm