Licensing of sex establishments

The application process

Individuals, limited companies and firms may apply for a licence.

The application form and relevant documentation for the new licence, transfer or renewal must be completed and returned with the appropriate fee as set out in our fees and charges.

A copy of the application form and supporting documentation must be forwarded to the Chief Officer of Police within seven days.

A notice of the application will need to be advertised both on or near to the sex establishment and no later than seven days after the application is made in a newspaper circulating within the area of the sex establishment. The notice must identify the sex establishment to which it relates and remain in place for 21 days beginning on the date of the application.

We will consult with the Police, Fire and Rescue Service, Council Ward Members, Environmental Health and the Local Planning Authority.

Objections to the application shall be in writing stating the terms of the objection no later than 28 days after the date of the application.

Where objections are received, we will give notice in writing to the applicant of the general nature of the objection before it is given due consideration.