Anti-social behaviour policy and procedure

Procedure - making an ASB complaint

We deal with any complaints of anti-social behaviour within the borough of Newcastle-under-Lyme and use a range of powers from informal actions such as mediation, referrals to support services and warnings through to enforcement by the use of legal powers through the courts.

Residents who are social housing tenants, should report issues directly to their landlord in the first instance who may have powers to take certain action through housing legislation and enforcement should they deem it necessary. Landlords may advise on any further steps that need to be taken and advise accordingly and will directly liaise with us if there is any action needed to be taken by the local authority.

Anyone experiencing ASB should report it as soon as possible. Complaints can be made online on our website.

Alternatively, a complaint can be reported:

  • in person or in writing to us at Castle House, Barracks Road, Newcastle-under-Lyme, ST5 1BL