Council Tax discount and exemptions for single persons and disregarded adults

Foreign diplomats or forces visitors

If any of the following adults live at the property, please apply for a foreign diplomat or visiting forces discount:

  • members or dependants of international headquarters and defence organisations
  • someone visiting forces
  • someone who is the spouse or dependant of a student and are not a British citizen
  • someone with diplomatic privileges or immunities

An exemption may also be applicable if any of the following apply:

  • the property is at a Ministry of Defence barracks or married quarters
  • the property is used as accommodation for visiting forces
  • the property is only lived in by foreign diplomats

What you will need

As part of the application, you will be asked to provide documentary evidence.

Apply for a Council Tax discount or exemption

Sending your discount or exemption application

We are in the process of changing all our forms into online forms. In the meantime, please download and complete the form you need, then send it to us.

Upload your form