Council Tax discount and exemptions for single persons and disregarded adults

Members of religious communities

If an adult who lives at the property is a member of a religious community, such as a monk or a nun, please apply for a religious community discount.

What you will need to apply

You will be asked:

  • the Council Tax account number this discount applies to
  • the name of the religious community
  • the main aims of the religious community
  • whether the person has an income or any capital

How to apply 

To apply for this discount, please have the above details ready and complete our short online form.

Apply for a religious community discount

What happens next?

Your submitted application form will be sent to our Council Tax team.

We will review your application and contact you. You should hear from us within 10 working days.


Tell us about a change that affects your Council Tax

It's important that you tell us about any household changes or circumstance changes that might affect your Council Tax payments or discounts.

How to tell us