Council Tax discount and exemptions for single persons and disregarded adults

Adult(s) in prison

If an adult who lives at the property is in prison, please apply for a prisoner discount.

This does not apply to those in prison for not paying Council Tax or a fine.

What you will need

You will be asked these details about the imprisonment:

  • place of detention
  • date when first taken into custody
  • date when custody is expected to end
  • prisoner number

Apply for a Council Tax discount

Tell us about a change that affects your Council Tax

It's important that you tell us about any household changes or circumstance changes that might affect your Council Tax payments or discounts.

How to tell us