Council Tax discount and exemptions for single persons and disregarded adults

Adult(s) in hospital or care

If an adult who lives at the property is currently living in hospital or at a care home, please apply for a residential care discount.

What you will need

You will be asked these details about the adult in care:

  • Care home or hospital name
  • Date of admission
  • Next of kin details

As part of the application we are required to write to the homes or hospitals mentioned in the application. Please complete the health authority consent form to give your consent.

Apply for a Council Tax discount

Sending your discount or exemption application

We are in the process of changing all our forms into online forms. In the meantime, please download and complete the form you need, then send it to us.

Upload your form