Council Tax discount and exemptions for single persons and disregarded adults


If an adult who lives at the property is a careworker working for low pay or who is caring for someone with a disability who is not their spouse, partner or child under the age of 18, please apply for a carers discount.

What you will need

You will be asked:

  • details about the person being cared for
  • details about the carer

Apply for a Council Tax discount

Sending your discount or exemption application

We are in the process of changing all our forms into online forms. In the meantime, please download and complete the form you need, then send it to us.

Upload your form